I've been away -bear with me a bit longer! Lots of changes and more to come to this blog and my Facebook page very soon!
Happy New Year!
A new year always seems to bring with it new beginnings, so when negotiations for a perfect space to move my studio came to fruition just before Christmas I took the leap and signed the lease. Even though it was 10 days before Christmas, no decorations or tree in sight, precious few presents bought and company coming, I knew this was the next door to open. I went home,packed up and together with my brother Alan, moved everything in one not so long day. Full of excitement, a bit of apprehension and lots of anticipation, I closed the door and went home to celebrate the holidays. The new year found me busy unpacking setting up my studio and enjoying the luxury of finally having an airy, open space where I can display my art, meet with clients and work. Soon I will be ready to receive company. Until then, I leave you with this lovely reminder to carry with you into your new year.
Among other wonders of our lives, we are alive
with one another, we walk here
in the light of this unlikely world
that isn't ours for long.
May we spend generously
the time we are given.
May we enact our responsibilities
as thoroughly as we enjoy
our pleasures. May we see with clarity,
may we seek a vision
that serves all beings, may we honor
the mystery surpassing our sight,
and may we hold in our hands
the gift of good work
and bear it forth whole, as we
were borne forth by a power we praise
to this one Earth, this homeland of all we love.
John Daniel "A Prayer among Friends"


No comments:
Post a Comment