There is a certain part of living that falls into the category of snakes and poison ivy. And like my roadside excursions, when you are out seeking what you want, you cannot guarantee getting it will be easy--or safe for that matter. I've heard them referred to before as a 'sharp life point'. I like that phrase. I imagine most of you know exactly what I am talking about. So wondering about all of us fellow strivers, I would like to offer this thought. Perhaps we need to widen our acceptance of what is not part of our plan. Maybe considering the possibility wrong turns and disappointments carry something other than failure and heartache could allow us to be more accepting of ourselves and how life unfolds. If we can move out of denial, quit blaming ourselves or others, and take a good look into that sharp life point, I believe we can find something valuable and necessary. It might not take us in the direction we planned, but it might just be a detour around a bed of snakes. Take a good long look.
What is the knocking?
What is the knocking at the door in the night?
It is somebody wants to do us harm.
No, no, it is the three strange angels.
Admit them, admit them.
D.H. Lawrence

No comments:
Post a Comment