Wednesday, February 3, 2010



India

I am home now after two weeks in the land 'where all things are possible." And after my brief sojourn in that incredible country I completely believe that is a true assessment. Everything there challenges the western mindset—the dust, the litter, the traffic, the disparity between those who have and the millions who have not, the social customs that seem out of date in a modern world. At the same time, for those willing to open to it, a sojourn there has a remarkable power to nourish and expand our understanding of how to be in the world. You cannot leave India, unchanged. This is where life pulses directly out of the heart and whether you want it to or not, the force of that flow gathers you up and takes you with it. Your only choice is whether you will struggle and resist or let the current carry you.
I am sorting now through my photos and notes and beginning Sunday, I hope to have some of my impressions available in an India Journal link from here. Until then, as they say in India 'namaste'-- I honor the god in you.



No comments: